06 January 2014

Land Plat for the Heirs of Daniel Crapps

     This is a plat showing the land of Daniel Crapps of Lexington County, South Carolina and how it was deeded to his heirs at the time of his death in 1867.  My 3rd Great Grandmother, Julia Crapps Leaphart, had already passed away when her father died, so her land is marked (section A) for her heirs.


     I'd love to find out exactly where this land was, and there are some clues.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to identify the rivers, even using old maps.  I think if I really want to find the location, I should find deeds and estate records for all of the neighbors shown on the map.  Those might hold more geographical clues.

1 comment:

MHD said...

Have you tried the National Atlas Streamer site?
http://nationalatlas.gov/streamer/Streamer/streamer.html

I did find a "Long Branch" in the Lexington county area but I don't know the historical county boundaries well enough....

Best wishes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails