25 July 2012

A is for Addlepated

     ad·dle·pat·ed
          1. Befuddled; confused.
          2. Eccentric; peculiar.
          3. Senseless; mad.

     Sometimes genealogy research can drive me crazy. I think it's safe to say that all genealogists can think of numerous moments when they would describe themselves as addlepated. You hit a brick walls, take wrong turns and learn crazy, but true, things about your ancestors. A genealogist has to be patient and accepting... and a sense of humor helps. This isn't an easy hobby where you can just sit back and relax. Genealogy research takes dedication and acceptance of the knowledge that there's no promise that you will ever answer your most burning questions.  But hang it there; it's worth it.

     I'm a little late to the party, but am joining the "Family History Through the Alphabet" Challenge

1 comment:

Ruby Craft said...

I know I've caused you a few "Addlepated" moments. I know you know it's not intentional; if only I could remember things when you ask me and not 3 weeks later.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails