15 June 2012

New on Ancestry.com: National Cemetery Interment Control Forms

     I noticed a great new database on ancestry.com this morning: U.S. National Cemetery Interment Control Forms, 1928-1962.

     I have two uncles buried in national cemeteries during this time period, and was excited to find out just what information the database would supply.  I found one of the uncles and did not find the other (who abandoned his family and was never heard of again). This is pretty disappointing because there is a lot of great information on these cards that I would have loved to see for this particular black sheep.

     Below you can see the card for my Great-Uncle by marriage, Joe Funston. I already knew a lot about him, but I learned a little more today: his army serial number, dates of service, service details, and his address when he died. Other things I already knew include birth and death dates, rank, birth and death dates, burial location, etc.  I also see that there is a plot reserved for his widow, though she declined to use it and is buried elsewhere with her father.

3 comments:

S. Lincecum said...

Great information! Thanks for pointing this out.

Mavis said...

Valerie, great information and thanks for pointing this out. Thanks to you I was finally able to determine when one of my grand uncles died.

Andrea Kelleher said...

This certainly is great information. I have to go and check this out. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails