18 November 2011

Playing with Google Earth Time Slider

     Right now I'm working on a Google Earth genealogy timeline that I learned how to make from Lisa Louise Cooke's Family History Expo presentation. Every time I think I'm finished, I come up with another thing to add or tweak.

     While playing around I saw the little clock image and remembered that Google Earth has older satellite images in it's databank. The images don't necessarily go back very far, but it can still be interesting. I decided to check out my own neighborhood and surprisingly, there are images from the year we moved in, 1993.  It's interesting to see the changes. There are a few new roads, a lot of new neighborhoods and some new shopping centers.

     Here are the two images:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails