11 November 2011

Day 1 of the 2011 Georgia Family History Expo

     Day one of the 2011 Georgia Family History Expo is over and I'm home eating a late dinner. I love how close the expo is to my house!

     Today was a lot of fun, especially meeting fellow bloggers in person. I saw Linda of Documenting the Details, Jenny of Are My Roots Showing, DearMYRTLE, and Tonia of Tonia's Roots. I saw tweets from other bloggers, Free Genealogy Resources and Southern Graves, but I didn't see the bloggers themselves.

     I attended four classes today: The Power of DNA by Anna Swayne, 8 Simple Steps for Self-Help Genealogy by Ann Osisek, Georgia Land Records by Arlene Eakle, and The Clothesline Approach to Documentation and Analysis by DearMYRTLE.  I really enjoyed all of the classes and learned something in each one. Even when I already knew some of the information, the presenters were able to give new perspectives. I tweeted a few interesting quotes:

"Over 1 Million people have tested their DNA for #genealogy purposes" - Anna Swayne
"Can't be said enough: Don't just go "up the tree" - you also need to go "out the tree" and research siblings and cousins" - Ann Osisek 
"So says @DearMYRTLE: Explain how you came to your research conclusion, "leave an audit trail"" 
     I did not get a chance to visit any of the exhibit booths today, but I plan to do so tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be enough time for booths between classes! I think I'll skip a class tomorrow to make time.


2 comments:

Ruby Craft said...

Had a great time and I'm looking forward to today!

*GeorgiaTim said...

I'm so jealous! Be sure and learn something for me! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails